“A movement method that addresses the entire body, opening energy pathways, stimulating the nervous system, increasing range of motion and creating functional strength through rhythmic, flowing movement sequences.” ~ from The Gyrokinesis Method
Have you noticed that strange-looking wood and metal machine in the physiotherapy studio here at the clinic? The one Valerie is using in the picture below?
It’s used for training in the GYROTONIC and GYROKINESIS Method, a contemporary exercise method based on the natural movement patterns of the body. The method was first developed in the 1980s by professional ballet dancer Juliu Horvath and is designed to help you develop greater strength, flexibility and agility while fostering a greater connection between mind and body.
Valerie recently completed her Level One GYROKINESIS certification and has been blending the exercise method into her physiotherapy practice to help practice members achieve even greater health and wellness results.
While GYROTONIC exercise is popularly used as a cross-training exercise for athletes or individuals who work in strenuous and physical jobs, it’s health benefits extend to anyone, regardless of age or athletic ability.
Curious if GYROKINESIS may be right for you? Below are nine proven benefits of the GYROTONIC method and how it can complement your existing physiotherapy with Valerie:
- It increases strength by engaging different types of muscle activity.
- It develops greater range of motion to improve residual stiffness of the joints.
- It aligns nervous system function and muscle activity to produce precise movement.
- It accelerates active muscle recovery to help prevent injury during intensive training periods.
- It promotes awareness of how to use deep core muscles to maintain a healthy spine.
- It engages fascia into movement to support and prolong the result of treatment such as myofascial release or massage.
- It coordinates deep diaphragmatic breathing with core muscle activity and movement.
- It practices three dimensional movements to elongate the spine with greater control.
- It moves the spine as a single entity.
Want to learn more about this unique exercise method that coordinates movement, breath and mental focus? Want to gain strength, flexibility and feel more harmonized in body and mind?
Then come out and try a GYROTONIC session with Valerie today! You can book your visit by calling 905-953-1008 or visiting our website: http://bit.ly/2eGTECh